• Black Edition brings unique styling cues to Volvo Cars’ popular XC60 mid-size SUV
• Onyx Black exterior paint finished with high-gloss black grille complete with black Volvo Cars ironmark logo, plus black rear Volvo lettering and badges
• High-gloss black 21-inch alloy wheels as standard
• Choice of two interiors: charcoal Nappa leather/textile upholstery or charcoal Nappa leather perforated and ventilated upholstery, both complemented by charcoal headlining
• Three powertrain options: B5 petrol and T6 and T8 petrol-electric plug-in hybrid
• On-the-road prices from £54,035
• Special introductory prices from £52,285 available until 27 November 2023
• On sale now, with first deliveries expected in early 2024
Volvo Car UK has added more choice and style to its XC60 range with the introduction of the Black Edition.
As a new addition to the range, the XC60 Black Edition combines an all-black design with generous equipment levels and a choice of three powerful all-wheel-drive powertrains.
The name says it all: this new version is finished exclusively in Onyx Black and features a number of additional black details to give the car its unique look. The Volvo Cars logo, lettering, model and engine emblems, for example, are all in black, as are the 21-inch alloy wheels. The all-black look gives the premium SUV additional sportiness and elegance.
The dark colour scheme continues in the interior: a headliner in charcoal meets partial Nappa leather/textile front sports seats or full Nappa leather front comfort seats, both also in charcoal. The comfort seats feature ventilated upholstery, a backrest massage function and electrically adjustable side support.
Extensive equipment, three engine options
The XC60 Black Edition can be combined with the two highest trim levels, Plus and Ultimate. As a result, occupants enjoy supreme comfort. In addition to the keyless entry and start system and handsfree power-operated tailgate of Plus versions, features onboard include a heated steering wheel, adjustable ambient lighting and air-purification with fine particle filtering. Front and rear parking sensors and a surround-view camera system make manoeuvring in tight spaces simple.
Adding to this, the top-of-the-line XC60 Ultimate Black Edition comes with electronic air suspension with adaptive dampers, a head-up display, active bending headlights with adaptive shadow technology, a powered passenger seat and a 1,100W Bowers & Wilkins sound system, among other features.
Three powertrains are available: the 250hp B5 mild-hybrid petrol, and the T6 and T8 petrol-electric plug-in hybrids. The T6 combines a 253hp petrol engine with a 145hp electric motor, while the T8 has the same electric motor but a 310hp version of the petrol engine. In combination with their 18.8kWh (nominal) high-voltage battery, the plug-in hybrid versions can cover up to 47 miles on battery power alone. All versions have an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
On-the-road prices for the XC60 Black Edition start from £54,035 for the B5 Plus, rising to £69,385 for the T8 Ultimate. Those customers who order their car by 27 November 2023, however, will benefit from special introductory pricing, with savings of £1,750 on Plus versions and £1,000 on Ultimate cars.
The XC60 Black Edition is on sale now, with first customer deliveries expected early next year.
For more information on the XC60 Black Edition, please go to www.volvocars.co.uk
(up to and including 27 November 2023)
XC60 B5 AWD Plus Black Edition – £52,285
XC60 B5 AWD Ultimate Black Edition – £61,565
XC60 T6 AWD Plus Black Edition – £60,055
XC60 T8 AWD Ultimate Black Edition – £68,385
(after 27 November 2023)
XC60 B5 AWD Plus Black Edition – £54,035
XC60 B5 AWD Ultimate Black Edition – £62,565
XC60 T6 AWD Plus Black Edition – £61,805
XC60 T8 AWD Ultimate Black Edition – £69,385
Note to editors
• Range according to the realistic WLTP driving cycle under controlled conditions for a new car. Real‐world range may vary.