Volvo Cars at the Geneva Motor Show 2018
Media information – not for publication
Volvo Cars looks forward to welcoming you to the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, which will mark the first public showing of its new V60 premium estate.
As well as achieving a record operating profit in 2017, the firm achieved a fourth consecutive year of record sales globally, selling 571,577 cars (up 7% on 2016). Volvo Car UK played a large part in this success, recording its second-highest sales volumes in 25 years, with 46,139 cars sold, and a market share increase from 1.73% to 1.83%.
Following a raft of successful new model launches, including the recently introduced XC40, the company is looking to make further strides in the coming months as it continues to renew its product line-up and strengthen its technological prowess.
Interviews and spokespeople
Requests can be made for formal interviews with the following senior executives from Volvo:
• Håkan Samuelsson – President and CEO
• Henrik Green – Senior Vice President, R&D
• Lex Kerssemakers – Senior Vice President, Volvo Cars EMEA
The following Volvo Cars spokespeople will be available for interview on the stand throughout both press days:
• Patrik Widerstrand – Senior Director, New Cars, 60 Cluster
• Robin Page – Senior Vice President, Design
• Jon Mayer – Senior Director, Design
• Lisa Reeves – Senior Interior Design Manager
• Robert Broström – Senior Technical Leader, User Experience
Malin Ekholm – Vice President, Volvo Cars Safety Centre
• Fredrik Andersson – Chief Programme Engineer, Powertrains
Per Ola Fuxin – Director, Vehicle Dynamics
Care by Volvo (car subscription service)
• Björn Bodén – Global Programme Director, Care by Volvo
Please submit requests by email with the following information:
• Preferred spokesperson
• Preferred date and time
Volvo PR contacts
Head of PR
Mobile: 07540 200404
Media Relations Manager
Mobile: 07801 808577
Product Communications Executive
Mobile: 07802 840351
Phone: 01628 422233
For information on how Volvo Cars process your personal data in relation to Volvo Cars Global Newsroom click here.