Volvo PV60 (1946 -1950)
The PV60 was the last of the large six-cylinder civilian passenger cars from Volvo with a traditional side-valve engine. The design of the car, ready when WWII broke out, was relatively old-fashioned, as the American lines had changed drastically during the war. The car, however, became very popular, primarily because of the comfort it offered. Most of the cars were sold during the late 1940s.
Volvo's first post-war car, the PV60, was also offered in bare chassis form as the PV61. Five hundred of them were produced and transformed into delivery vans or light trucks, except for a handful which received elegant drophead bodies.
Variants: PV 61 Chassis
Body: Saloon or chassis intended for special private or commercial bodies.
Engine: In-line, 6-cyl, side valves; 3,670 cc; 84.14x110 mm; 90 bhp at 3,600 rpm.
Transmission: 3-speed with overdrive, steering column gear change.
Dimensions: Wheelbase 2,850 mm.
For information on how Volvo Cars process your personal data in relation to Volvo Cars Global Newsroom click here.