|Date of issue||Mar 01, 2013 | ID: 48132|
"Volvo - The Passion" is the theme for the 25th TechnoClassica show
The world's largest indoor show for classic vehicles - TechnoClassica - celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. Volvo Cars Heritage attends the show under the theme "Volvo - The Passion". The show runs between April 10 and April 14 in the German city of Essen.
The Volvo passion - an international movement
Volvo cars are sold in more than 100 countries all over the world and in all these countries, the interest, enthusiasm and passion for Volvo's cars is evident. The Volvo passion is a movement that sidelines human or cultural differences. It knows no limits and crosses all borders. It stands above differences in gender, age, religion or political conviction. Everybody is welcome to share the Volvo passion and a good place to do it is at the 25th TechnoClassica.
Six Volvos or Volvo-based cars that symbolize this passion will be displayed on the Volvo stand:
- a 1934 TR679 seven-seater sedan, a very rare big Volvo and in mint condition
- a 1953 PV445 Valbo Convertible, a beautiful passion red coach-built vehicle
- a 1954 PV445 Ringborg Pickup, a pretty little workhorse in shiny dress
- a 1953 Ockelbo-Volvo Sports Racer, modeled on a 1950s Ferrari
- a 1963 1800S, the only existing Volvo painted in test colour number 87
- a 2009 Caresto Hot Rod Jakob Woody, a wild prize-winning hot rod based on Volvo parts
Responsible for Volvo Cars' participation at the TechnoClassica is Volvo Cars Heritage, the department that cares for the history and heritage of the company and its cars. The Volvo Cars Heritage stand is located in Hall 3, stand number 3.0-257.
Volvo Car Group
SE-405 31 Göteborg
Phone: +46 31 59 65 25
Fax: +46 31 54 40 64
Descriptions and facts in this press material relate to Volvo Car Group's international car range. Described features might be optional. Vehicle specifications may vary from one country to another and may be altered without prior notification.