|Date of issue||Jan 07, 2011 | ID: 35963|
Volvo Car Corporation 2010
For the Volvo Car Corporation 2010 was a year of changes. The negotiations between Ford Motor Company and Zhejiang Geely Holding Group continued and on March 28 a stock purchase agreement for the Volvo Car Corporation was signed. On August 2, Zhejiang Geely Holding Group completed the acquisition of 100 percent of the Volvo Car Corporation from Ford Motor Company.
Sculpted to move you - the all-new Volvo S60
Chassis development driven to its pinnacle in the Volvo V60
Volvo V60 plug-in hybrid
Even sportier with R-design
All-new infotainment system
Sales figures for the past ten years, no. of cars
* As of 2002, sales are defined as cars delivered to end-customers.
Sales by model total, no. of cars
Car production by model and plant 2010, no. of cars
(Production 2009: 311,413 cars)
- The new safety system Pedestrian Detection with full autobrake was introduced in the all-new Volvo S60 and V60 and also became available in Volvo XC60. The unique system that prevents collisions with pedestrians or, at higher speeds, reduces the consequences of an accident, got a number of prestigious awards.
- Together with several partners Volvo Car Corporation participates in the ongoing road train project SARTRE - Safety Road Trains for the Environment. At the end of 2010 the first development tests of a single lead and following vehicle was carried out successfully.
- DRIVe Towards Zero is Volvo Cars' vision for developing cars entirely free from harmful exhaust emissions and environment-impacting carbon dioxide. New steps are being continuously taken to reach that vision, including the introduction of high-efficiency diesel models with very low CO2 emissions, the company's ambitious electrification strategy including a test fleet of C30 Electric, and market introduction of plug-in hybrids as early as 2012.
- The Volvo Car Corporation's work on electrification technology includes a systematic approach to safety issues related to battery power.
- Launch of the "One Tonne Life" project where together with other partners, Volvo Cars has helped create a climate-smart household.
- The Volvo Cars Body Components factory in Olofström celebrated 275 years on September 24.
- The Volvo Car Corporation's Accident Research Team have documented and analysed traffic accidents involving Volvo cars for 40 years.
- Volvo Cars' crash-test laboratory, Volvo Cars Safety Centre in Torslanda turned 10 this year. The almost 3,000 full-scale tests that have been carried out during the high-tech facility's first decade have helped give Volvo owners even safer cars.
- Volvo Cars' emergency assistance system, Volvo On Call, the first GPS-based communication system that permitted round-the-clock contact with an operator in an emergency situation, celebrated ten years.
- Volvo Cars was the official car at the 2010 Swedish Royal wedding in June.
- The Volvo XC60 received a lot of attention. It was one of the cars driven by Edward Cullen, a main character in the highly popular "Twilight" movie series when the second film, "Eclipse", had its premiere.
- Volvo Polestar and driver Robert Dahlgren won both the Scandinavian Touring Car Cup and the 2010 STCC Team Championship title with their ethanol-powered Volvo C30 DRIVe racing car.
- Volvo Cars entered a racing version of the all-new Volvo S60 in the Belgian Touring Car Series.
AWARDS - A SELECTION
- Volvo XC60 with City Safety received Euro NCAP Advance, an assessment rating for new and exceptional safety technology that was awarded for the first time ever at the Paris Motor Show.
- The Volvo Car Corporation was awarded the Safest Car Manufacturer 2010 by the Eastern European Automotive Organisation, Autobest
- In the 2010 Initial Quality Study (IQS) released on June 17, J.D. Power and Associates named the Volvo C70 the top compact premium sporty car and ranked the Volvo nameplate as number 10 among automakers. The leading research company's 2010 Initial Quality Study also named three Volvo models - S80, XC70 and XC60 - among the top three in their respective classes
- Five stars for the Volvo V70 DRIVe in the German ADAC ECO-test
- The all-new Volvo S60 received the German Plus X award
- The Volvo S80 and XC60 were ranked the safest in the ABC News (US) survey
- The Volvo XC60 is the best fleet car in the SUV category according to Britain's Fleet World Honours list
- The Volvo S60 and V60 were among the seven finalists in the Car of The Year 2011 competition in Europe
- The Volvo S60/V60 was selected Car of The Year in Norway
- The Volvo S60 was selected Car of The Year in Greece
- Volvo Cars won the 10 Best Engines award (US)
- Volvo Cars was awarded Best Use of Broadcast Media by CorpComms (UK)
Director Volvo Cars Heritage
Volvo Car Group
Phone: +46 31 3257654
Mobile: +46 31 3257654
Volvo Car Group
SE-405 31 Göteborg
Phone: +46 31 59 65 25
Fax: +46 31 54 40 64
Descriptions and facts in this press material relate to Volvo Car Group's international car range. Described features might be optional. Vehicle specifications may vary from one country to another and may be altered without prior notification.